1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can Anyone Help Me Identify The Breed of These Ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Patchesnposies, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Patchesnposies

Patchesnposies Chickens.....are my ONE weakness!

Mar 5, 2008
    Southern New Mexico
    Hello!

Earlier this spring my husband brought home these four little ducks from our local feed store. He was told they were Indian Runner Ducks, which we knew was not true as we had those once upon a time. We didn't really care what kind they were, he got them for our littlest kids because they missed our old ducks whom we had lost to predation.

However, now that they are grown up they are some of the most beautiful ducks I have ever seen and very docile. I am wondering if they are a breed of some sort or just a mix that turned out really pretty. I tried to google them but only found one picture in someone's flickr account and no info at all.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks so much!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Eroc1_1

Eroc1_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Look like Buff Orpingtons to me. Nice looking too.

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    BUFFS! Oh how I miss my girl! she had TONS of personality, was one of my best moms, and was such a bossy little thing! enjoy them! and post more pictures!

4. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    Yes, buffs! They are a very nice breed.

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG] They are beautiful

6. Patchesnposies

Patchesnposies Chickens.....are my ONE weakness!

Mar 5, 2008
    Southern New Mexico
    Thanks everyone for your quick replies and the info on my beautiful Buff Orpington ducks! One of my little ladies has began to lay recently. I hope she will be a good mom someday.

The girls are bossy little things and take no guff off of any other fowl in the farmyard! LOL

7. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Those are some of the prettiest ducks I've ever seen. Very unusual looking, at least for a duck non-expert as myself.

8. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Very pretty buffs, looks like you have two boys and two girls, nice combo, I got stuck with 5 boys and 2 girls, almost non of them were the same breed either!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by