can anyone help me in identifying what breed is my chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by anubis, Oct 17, 2013.

1. anubis

anubis New Egg

Oct 17, 2013
    Hi All;

i am new in this forum as well as in taking care of chickens. I got this 3 little cute chicks from a roadside seller. The seller told me that it is an Israel black giant but i tried looking it up in the internet but I cant find any reference to it. I would very much appreciate it if anyone can help me identify the breed. When they were a bit younger, their color is gray but as you can see in the pictures, the feathers are turning white. please help me. Thank you more power.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    I have no idea about the breed but they sure are cute. Im not sure Ive seen chicks quite like that before. Just gorgeous so will be interesting to see how they turn out!

Oh and it may be worth mentioning which country you are from, we tend to assume US but if you are outside that there will be different breeds that are more likely etc

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Might be white giants (as I haven't heard of anyone working on isabel giants). You will really have to wait till the chicks are fully feathered to know for sure (if even than as they could be mixes)

4. anubis

anubis New Egg

Oct 17, 2013
    thank you for your reply. i guess raising them would be more interesting now.

5. anubis

anubis New Egg

Oct 17, 2013
    btw im from the philippines.

6. coorusu

coorusu Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2013
    oh wow, i'm not quite sure what they could be, but they're simply adorable! i haven't seen chicks with white wings before. keep us updated! i'd love to see them once they feather out.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    They're so adorable! I'm not sure what breed, maybe Lavender Orpington?

8. Katt66

Katt66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Barnesville, PA
    He could have meant "Isabel" and not "Israel" as he said. Isabel is a color. And Black Giant could mean Jersey Giants, which get to around twelve to fourteen pounds... They ARE black birds, but if someone's working with breeding different colors, Isabel Giant could be a new color strain he's breeding maybe?

9. anubis

anubis New Egg

Oct 17, 2013
    Thank you guys for the help. I really appreciate all the help. Hopefully this turns out really well. My kids are really excited specially that our chicks could be giant chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by