Can anyone help me please I’m worried

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bsilwhens, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Bsilwhens

Bsilwhens In the Brooder

Jan 10, 2019
    Essex UK
    Hi everyone I’m new to this I’m wondering if anyone can help me .. I’m currently hatching chicks I had 5 eggs that I new where fertile from 6 I went into lock down day 18 and my first chick hatched day 20 I’m now nearly day 22 and I’m starting to worry the others aren’t coming the humidity is 63% I read it’s needs to be between 60-70% is this right ? And my temp is day 37.5C anything I can do ?? Thanks

2. Bsilwhens

Bsilwhens In the Brooder

Jan 10, 2019
    Essex UK

Attached Files:

3. MelissaRose

MelissaRose Songster

Apr 15, 2018
    Maine
    Welcome to BYC!!!
    I'm pretty sure 60-70 percent humidity is right.
    I would just wait for a few days and then you might want to candle them, but for now just leave the incubator closed and keep the temperature and humidity where you have it, it looks right to me.
    I have had chicks hatch 3-4 days late so I think its quite possible they'll still hatch. If your temperature was low earlier in incubation that could delay your hatch. Also if some parts of your incubator are warmer than others that could be why one hatched and the others have not.
    I'm sure someone else will come and help you more, I'm not really an expert this is just my experience!
    How is the chick that hatched doing?

4. Bsilwhens

Bsilwhens In the Brooder

Jan 10, 2019
    Essex UK
    He/she’s doing really well can’t stop looking at her just to make sure she’s ok .. and thankyou for your help , I just don’t want her to be on her own really as I’m not gonna be as good company compared to one of there own . I last candeled on day 17 and everything seemed fine just hoping it all goes well I’m just sitting on my hands really just waiting thanks again for your help it’s much appreciated

Attached Files:

Wee Farmer Sarah and rjohns39 like this.
  5. rjohns39

rjohns39 Addict

Aug 20, 2015
    Smith County, TN
    Hi and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us [​IMG]

Your numbers look fine, it's not uncommon to have an early starter. Have you heard any chirping from the eggs? Is your early starter already in the brooder?

6. MelissaRose

MelissaRose Songster

Apr 15, 2018
    Maine
    Glad your chick is doing well! It's very cute!
    I understand how hard it is waiting for your others to hatch!!!

rjohns39 and LlamaGirl4 like this.
  7. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    You may want to get another hygrometer for your next hatch and calibrate it.
    From the pics you posted, the incubator is at saturation, humidity wise. Condensate running down the sides, means your humidity is 100% not 63% Rh.
    Congratulations on your hatch. Give the others some time and be patience.

aart, rjohns39 and sourland like this.
  8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. I agree with @007Sean that humidity and even temperature may be too high. Before starting another incubation check/calibrate your humidity and temperature sensors.

9. cottontail farm

cottontail farm Songster

Dec 26, 2014
    Rural NW Pa
    The humidity looks really high from the pictures. If this were me, I would open the incubator long enough to wipe all of the condensation off the lid, then run your light over the air sacs in the remaining eggs to see if the chicks are moving. Just move efficiently and it should take you under a minute and give you some more information

rjohns39 likes this.
  10. Welcome to BYC Bsilwhens :jumpy. This is an interesting post as I will be giving this a go next month. And, it looks like the same little incubator I ordered, so I'm hoping to learn a lot from your experience. I'm curious regarding the age of the egg. Is there a difference in hatching times from the day the egg was laid or does it go with when the eggs entered the incubator?

rjohns39 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: