Can anyone help me please I’m worried

Bsilwhens

In the Brooder
Jan 10, 2019
Essex UK
Hi everyone I’m new to this I’m wondering if anyone can help me .. I’m currently hatching chicks I had 5 eggs that I new where fertile from 6 I went into lock down day 18 and my first chick hatched day 20 I’m now nearly day 22 and I’m starting to worry the others aren’t coming the humidity is 63% I read it’s needs to be between 60-70% is this right ? And my temp is day 37.5C anything I can do ?? Thanks

Hi everyone I’m new to this I’m wondering if anyone can help me .. I’m currently hatching chicks I had 5 eggs that I new where fertile from 6 I went into lock down day 18 and my first chick hatched day 20 I’m now nearly day 22 and I’m starting to worry the others aren’t coming the humidity is 63% I read it’s needs to be between 60-70% is this right ? And my temp is day 37.5C anything I can do ?? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 17
Welcome to BYC!!!
I'm pretty sure 60-70 percent humidity is right.
I would just wait for a few days and then you might want to candle them, but for now just leave the incubator closed and keep the temperature and humidity where you have it, it looks right to me.
I have had chicks hatch 3-4 days late so I think its quite possible they'll still hatch. If your temperature was low earlier in incubation that could delay your hatch. Also if some parts of your incubator are warmer than others that could be why one hatched and the others have not.
I'm sure someone else will come and help you more, I'm not really an expert this is just my experience!
How is the chick that hatched doing?

Welcome to BYC!!!
I'm pretty sure 60-70 percent humidity is right.
I would just wait for a few days and then you might want to candle them, but for now just leave the incubator closed and keep the temperature and humidity where you have it, it looks right to me.
I have had chicks hatch 3-4 days late so I think its quite possible they'll still hatch. If your temperature was low earlier in incubation that could delay your hatch. Also if some parts of your incubator are warmer than others that could be why one hatched and the others have not.
I'm sure someone else will come and help you more, I'm not really an expert this is just my experience!
How is the chick that hatched doing?
He/she’s doing really well can’t stop looking at her just to make sure she’s ok .. and thankyou for your help , I just don’t want her to be on her own really as I’m not gonna be as good company compared to one of there own . I last candeled on day 17 and everything seemed fine just hoping it all goes well I’m just sitting on my hands really just waiting thanks again for your help it’s much appreciated

Attachments

• 3C186461-DAA7-4C3A-B986-AA08D62F79FF.jpeg
    3C186461-DAA7-4C3A-B986-AA08D62F79FF.jpeg
    511 KB · Views: 19
  • 5CF5CD7F-665E-4BFE-9A67-102EBCC303E8.jpeg
    5CF5CD7F-665E-4BFE-9A67-102EBCC303E8.jpeg
    465.5 KB · Views: 17
He/she’s doing really well can’t stop looking at her just to make sure she’s ok .. and thankyou for your help , I just don’t want her to be on her own really as I’m not gonna be as good company compared to one of there own . I last candeled on day 17 and everything seemed fine just hoping it all goes well I’m just sitting on my hands really just waiting thanks again for your help it’s much appreciated
Glad your chick is doing well! It's very cute!
I understand how hard it is waiting for your others to hatch!!!

You may want to get another hygrometer for your next hatch and calibrate it.
From the pics you posted, the incubator is at saturation, humidity wise. Condensate running down the sides, means your humidity is 100% not 63% Rh.
Congratulations on your hatch. Give the others some time and be patience.

The humidity looks really high from the pictures. If this were me, I would open the incubator long enough to wipe all of the condensation off the lid, then run your light over the air sacs in the remaining eggs to see if the chicks are moving. Just move efficiently and it should take you under a minute and give you some more information

Welcome to BYC Bsilwhens :jumpy. This is an interesting post as I will be giving this a go next month. And, it looks like the same little incubator I ordered, so I'm hoping to learn a lot from your experience. I'm curious regarding the age of the egg. Is there a difference in hatching times from the day the egg was laid or does it go with when the eggs entered the incubator?

Back
Top Bottom