Do you think the 6 week old white and buff chicks are male?

Dec 5, 2020
Australia
Does anyone have any idea if any of these chicks are girls? I think that the Sussex ( I think that it might be a cross though because it's legs turned grey) might be male. It has red wattles but a tiny tail. They are all six weeks old today. DSCN0673.JPG. DSCN0657.JPGDSCN0650.JPGDSCN0669.JPG DSCN0603.JPG DSCN0598.JPG DSCN0602.JPG All of them have really tiny tails except one which got it's tail long before the others ( does this mean its male? ).I would really appreciate anyone's opinion thanks! DSCN0674.JPG DSCN0658.JPG

Last edited:
I'd keep an eye on that buff columbian and the little white one, don't make a craigslist ad just yet but theres certainly a chance they could be cockerels. Some breeds have longer tails, some individuals have longer tails, I gotta say I've never really noticed them when sexing :D

I'd keep an eye on that buff columbian and the little white one, don't make a craigslist ad just yet but theres certainly a chance they could be cockerels. Some breeds have longer tails, some individuals have longer tails, I gotta say I've never really noticed them when sexing :D
Thanks for that. Do you think that the one with the long tail ( "Wings" ) is a girl?

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea if any of these chicks are girls? I think that the Sussex ( I think that it might be a cross though because it's legs turned grey) might be male. It has red wattles but a tiny tail. They are all six weeks old today. DSCN0673.JPG. DSCN0657.JPG DSCN0650.JPG DSCN0669.JPG DSCN0603.JPG DSCN0598.JPG DSCN0602.JPG All of them have really tiny tails except one which got it's tail long before the others ( does this mean its male? ).I would really appreciate anyone's opinion thanks! DSCN0674.JPG DSCN0658.JPG
20201204_10372515.jpg

Back
Top Bottom