can anyone help me sex my baby chickens at 8 weeks old pls ...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CLAIRE MCNAIR, Oct 8, 2012.

1. CLAIRE MCNAIR

CLAIRE MCNAIR Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2012
    Hampshire
    pls add me as a friend so u can see my album x

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    If you post some pictures of your chicks, we'll be able to help you.....

3. CLAIRE MCNAIR

CLAIRE MCNAIR Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2012
    Hampshire
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    1. Barred Rock - the coloration is girly but a comb that big and red at 8 weeks - that is almost certainly a cockerel.
    2. Buff Orpington? I can't see the head to see the comb but the coloration of the feathers is kind of boyish.
    3. Buff Orpington - another one that is hard to see the head. It looks like a bit of a red comb from that angle. Can't say for sure but I'd lean towards boy on this one.
    4. There is what looks like a Welsummer on the right that appears to be a boy.
    5.& 6. This is the same chick, correct? It is hard to see clearly. Am I seeing red comb and wattles? I would have said girl based on the stance and coloring but if those are red comb and wattles and it is only 8 weeks old, that is a worrisome.

You haven't said how many chicks you have. Both group shots show only 5 chicks so I'm not sure if some of the photos are of the same chick or different. If you can get some close ups of the head, showing the comb color and size, that will help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by