Can anyone help me sex these Easter eggers? They are two months old.

Sofiagypsy

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2020
B1749383-2C4D-4697-B306-6DE605B9A5AE.jpeg
FA860329-7EBC-441D-8182-A1DB1B4B1765.jpeg
C7B6B476-8505-4FDC-BE0D-6D41FB4CF3C2.jpeg
D89C755C-EC99-4F04-A451-BF97758D9742.jpeg

I’m new to chickens and eggers seem difficult to sex but I can’t keep roosters. The darkest one has a slightly pinker comb (I think) and is more “bitey”. The biggest brown/honey one has a yellow comb but three pea rows and the grey one has a yellow comb with one pea comb row. The dark one also has 3 pea comb row. I read sometimes females can get 3 rows in eggers tho. And they all have different feathers! Please help I’m so confused.

The combs would be much redder and more developed if they were roosters.
Yes, roosters do have 3 row pea combs, but with EEs, females can have them too. So, this is not an accurate way to sex them.

I don’t know if I’m much help, but, in general any of our young ones that like to start fights are generally roosters. That being said, it’s usually with another young rooster. As they get bigger, the hens sometimes fight a bit with each other. I watch tail plumage to see if they’re getting the pretty long feathers. Also, if it’s dark red around their beaks- could be roos. Dunno, but it looks like you have pullets. Technically we can’t have roos where we live, but we use crow collars, and that works very well. Congrats on the pretty birds. They’re all gorgeous. Hopefully all hens!

Wow thankyou for responding so fast! I will look out for red coloring. How long does it usually take to appear?

Back
Top Bottom