1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can anyone help me with Gender predictions??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by aminder, Apr 7, 2017.

1. aminder

aminder Just Hatched

Apr 7, 2017
    I recently bought 2 Barred Rock Chicks from TSC. I was told they were both pullets but 1 is looking more like a roo to me. I'm new at this so any feedback would be very much appreciated!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jetblack2004

Jetblack2004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2016
    East Sussex
    How old are they? They look like pullets to me at the moment, but they are quite young to tell for sure!

-Jet

3. aminder

aminder Just Hatched

Apr 7, 2017
    The store said a week old when I bought them a week and a half ago but they are awfully big compared to my other ones bought at the same time and were supposed to also be a week old. Judging by other pictures I've found and a chart to use I'm guessing more towards 3 weeks old.

4. aminder

aminder Just Hatched

Apr 7, 2017
    The 1 with the bigger white bars on the feathers is the one I'm thinking might be a male. It acts very dominant compared to the others and it's pretty feisty. Always wanting to fly out and sitting on top of water and food containers. I could very well be wrong though. Like I said I am new to this. Thank you for your quick reply.

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

Those are both pullets.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    both pullets

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by