Can anyone help me with this dress?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chicks R Friends NOT Food, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    I'm looking for a prom dress because I'm one of "those" people that has to have things rediculously ahead of time. I've had it picked out for 2 months, and am thinking of purchasing it soon from amazon.com. I hit a snag when it came to the measuring chart. Does anyone know what a flared hip is, and how to measure it? This is the site If you click below the dress picture it shows the measuring chart.
    Also, how do you measure the length from the underarm?

2. carolynb

carolynb Chicken Kisser

May 18, 2009
    Raynham
    I can't help you with finding those measurements...have you tried doing a search on google for "how to measure flared hip" or something similar? The dress is very pretty, what color are you going with??

3. sticksoup

sticksoup Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Bradenton
    First- the measurement chart you are clicking on is the dimensions of the dress~ the dress has a flared hip (it flares around the hip area)- not you. You don't have a flared hip (I hope [​IMG]) The underarm is the total length of the dress from the underarm down. It's so you can determine if the dress is long enough for you. Take a tape measure and start it at the point of your underarm where you think the dress will hit and go down from there. Then you can decide if that length is good for you. As far as determining your size I would make this mention- the page clearly states this dress is JUNIOR sizing. Junior sizing is considerably different from Missy/women's~ measure your bust and waist and go with the closest size to that on the chart. Ignore the additional Amazon women's size chart. Be sure to measure your hip/butt and make sure it is smaller than the flared hip measurement- which I can assume it is if you are still young enough to be going to prom and not sitting around on your butt all day like me. [​IMG]
    Hope that helps~

4. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    Thank you. [​IMG] I'm going with eggplant because I have really white skin and almost black hair. I hope it looks good. If it does, I'll put up some pictures when I get it.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Ooh! Pretty! Looks like something my daughter might like. Hmmmmm.

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    That is pretty.

Have fun and stay safe.

7. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    That is very pretty, I love the Burgundy color!

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

9. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    That's a beautiful dress! I'm sorry I can't help with the measurements though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by