Can anyone help me with this? [PICS]

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sushai, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Sushai

Sushai Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2010
    Hi all.

I have posted here before about my 3 chicks, they are about 10weeks. Two of these chicks are white. One has a yellow comb and no wattles (yet) and the other has a red comb and wattles (a bit smallish). Anyways, my question is about the one with the red comb and wattles, s/he has a prominent line down its front. Can anyone tell me what this is? My other chick doesnt have one and their other sibling (little brown) hasnt got it either. Here are some pics I just took. (Taking pics of chicks aint easy, I had to get one of them into the house to be able to take it. So please let me know what it is, even take a guess. Also, does the line have anything to do with gender?

This is little brown:
    [​IMG]

This is yellow comb whitey:
    [​IMG]

Now this is the chick in question, Im sorry the pic is a bit blurry but its the best I could get of s/he:
    [​IMG]
    Also, the line isn't just there when s/he is kinda twisted like above its there regardless of position.

Thanks guys!

2. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    looks like hens to me...

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    First is a Pheonix pullet/hen

Second is also a pullet/hen, probably a White Rock

Third is a pullet/hen as well, but looks like a Cornish X meat bird to me.

4. carrlr

carrlr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2010
    Southern Illinois
    Your question is about the prominent line down its front, right? I think it's just the way the feathers a "parted". I've seen this on other chickens and wouldn't assume it has anything to do with gender.

5. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    i think they are all hens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by