Can anyone help tell the gender and breed on these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Rocky Road, May 17, 2011.

1. Rocky Road

Rocky Road Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    I took new pictures of my 6 week old chickens today. I know some are PR and some are Polish, but I'm not sure about the rest. Same with pullets or cockerells, I have some guesses but I'm not sure. Hoping these pictures will help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. llaaadyel

llaaadyel Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Lower NY
    The only polish one that I see is number 6 and looks like a roo and is a golden polish number 5 could be. Number 3 also looks roo to me

3. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    5 and 6 have some polish in them cant see 9's head too well but 10 definately looks like it may be an EE I see weird little tufts

4. Rocky Road

May 14, 2011
    Quote:I'm pretty sure they are both Polish too. And I think the bigger one is a Roo . . . but I have 6 of them and all their combs look the same. . . so I'm not sure.

5. Rocky Road

May 14, 2011
    Quote:9 also has the same tufts and body style as 10. . . the combs are almost non existant on these. Do they grow in later on EE or are they pullets?

6. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    1 and 2 = partridge rock cockerels? just a guess
    3 = red sexlink (golden comet) cockerel
    4 = no idea, really. looks a bit like a reallllly speckled sussex [​IMG]
    5 = polish
    6 = gorgeous ee
    7 = white rock?
    8 = splash something pullet. i have one who looked just like that and i think she's an ee/rosecomb bantam cross or something. where'd you get her from?
    9 = lavender orp pullet?
    10 = no idea.

Remember, these are just guesses! I'm not an expert by any means [​IMG]

7. Rocky Road

May 14, 2011
    Guesses is all I get to go from . . haha. I just got them from a lady not to far away from me that hatches tons of chicks. But I think she didn't keep the roosters separated long enough because they were all suppose to be Plymouth Rock crosses (with Ameraucana, Wyndotte and PR) but there is definately some Polish in 6 of them and she has a Polish rooster haha.

But they are really nice chicks so I can't complain! and it keeps it interested with all them being so different.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by