Can anyone help with breed and/or sex?

Jhunt

In the Brooder
Dec 9, 2020
Hey all, I got these 4 chicks from TSC about 6 weeks ago and they came as assorted straight run. I’m thinking I have 1 rooster (with a larger comb and darker feathers) and 3 hens. Can anyone confirm and tell me what breed you think they are? It was hard to get good pictures but the one with darker feathers I’m thinking is a roo
20E2C38A-B0BB-42DF-B1BB-64BCA424FBE3.jpeg

F342BFC3-9A38-4669-BFB8-3D80108C84F1.jpeg

Hey all, I got these 4 chicks from TSC about 6 weeks ago and they came as assorted straight run. I’m thinking I have 1 rooster (with a larger comb and darker feathers) and 3 hens. Can anyone confirm
I am only seeing two pictures, with one chicken in each.
I agree that the large combed one (darker feathers) appears to be male, and the other appears to be female.

and tell me what breed you think they are?

Sorry, I don't have any guesses on breed right now. Clearer pictures would help with that.

Comb type and details of feather patterns can be important when trying to figure out the breed. (I know it's hard to get clear pictures when the chicken keeps moving, but good pictures really make a big difference in cases like this.)

Thanks for the tip! I’ll try and get some better pics. The other three hens (I believe) are almost identical but I only caught one in the picture lol
I am only seeing two pictures, with one chicken in each.
I agree that the large combed one (darker feathers) appears to be male, and the other appears to be female.

Sorry, I don't have any guesses on breed right now. Clearer pictures would help with that.

Comb type and details of feather patterns can be important when trying to figure out the breed. (I know it's hard to get clear pictures when the chicken keeps moving, but good pictures really make a big difference in cases like this.)

Hey all, I got these 4 chicks from TSC about 6 weeks ago and they came as assorted straight run. I’m thinking I have 1 rooster (with a larger comb and darker feathers) and 3 hens. Can anyone confirm and tell me what breed you think they are? It was hard to get good pictures but the one with darker feathers I’m thinking is a roo View attachment 2723855
View attachment 2723857
First picture is a cockerel

Back
Top Bottom