Can anyone help with my dog's breed?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Frizzlett98, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Frizzlett98

Frizzlett98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    I adopted Mo from the shelter a few months ago and he is a Shepherd mix. He's around 8 months old. Everyone that I've shown pictures of him to, said he looks like he is part Husky. He has German Shepherd colors but his ears do not stand up as they would from the GS or Husky. Any ideas on what breed he could be?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Frizzlett98

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    [​IMG]

Here's another picture just because he's beautiful. Lol

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don't see any husky, but my guess would be Australian shepherd or border collie and GSD (or so similar looking breed like that)

4. Frizzlett98

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    Everyone thinks he has Husky feet. He does seem like he could be Australian Shepherd because of the coloring on his face. Definitely has the hair of either a Border Collie or Australian Shepherd. I think he has a little Husky in him though. If I had closer pictures or pictures that did him justice, he'd probably look like he's got a little Husky.

5. cityfarmer12

cityfarmer12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2014
    Missouri
    I see GSD and border collie/aussie like Chickerdoodle said. i can kinda see some husky, but not as much as the other breeds...his face has a slight similarity to my husky...especially when he is looking up at the camera :)
    he is cute! [​IMG]

6. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    other than him being black and tan, I don't see anything GSD about him. None of his features are GSD.

7. trovito

trovito New Egg

Mar 20, 2015
    possibly husky/aussie... he seems to have quite a bit of hair!!

8. Frizzlett98

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    If his ears stood up, he'd look exactly like a German Shepherd. I've held them up and it makes him look almost like a purebred GS. He has a lot of hair but unfortunately some is falling out. His previous owners didn't take care of him and he was super skinny. He probably would have died within a week if he hadn't been brought to the shelter. He has mange and now has a bald on his side. But I think he's probably more GS and Aussie than anything else. He is cute! Thanks everyone!

9. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    How big is he?
    I don't see husky from the pictures either. Does he have a double coat? Does his tail curl up over his back when he is happy?

By-the-way, he is really cute!
    I like the heavy duty eyeliner he's got going on.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  10. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    He simply looks mixed enough no particular breed stands out. I'm not seeing Husky or German Shepherd either one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by