CAN ANYONE HELP????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by goose man al, May 14, 2009.

1. goose man al

goose man al Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2009
    Wisconsin
    my goose cut his foot yesterday and how do i tell if it is infected. he has also hade his mouth open like he was panting but it cant be my heat lamp because it is at the right temp and he has room to cool off is neeeded . any help would be great

2. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    You may want to move this to waterfowl section, they will help you out there!!

3. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like a gosling, although you didn`t mention the age. It`s probably too early to see any infection. Put some antibiotic ointment on it and keep an eye on it. If it`s in the web, no big deal. The toes could be a problem, but doubtful on a brooded gosling. Just do your best to keep the litter clean.........Pop

4. Do you have Neosporin? I would let him take a bath first to clean it out and then lather the area in Neosporin. I have used Neosporing tons of times on my chickens, ducks, turkeys, and geese with no problem. Also, if he's panting, it sounds like he's over-heated. My goslings only stayed on heat for about 2-3 weeks and don't use it anymore. They can easily get over-heated, so be careful. If he does still need heat, make sure he has an area in the pen that isn't heated that he can go to. Good luck!

5. goose man al

goose man al Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2009
    Wisconsin
    i would post a pic but i dont know how any help

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by