1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can anyone ID these young chickens?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Fredster, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Fredster

Fredster Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Alabama
    Back in late April or early May, we hatched a batch of eggs from our chickens. Four of the young chickens look like the ones attached to this post. Anyone have an idea of what might be upline in their genetic tree?

Here are the facts I know:

Our rooster is half Rhode Island Red, half unknown.

Our hens are Buff Orpington, Black Jersey Giants, and Barred Rocks. I don't know whose eggs these came from, but if I were guessing I'd probably guess the Buffs, just because of the coloring.

When the chicks first hatched, they looked a LOT like Rhode Island Red chicks, but as they got older they started looking like nothing else we have.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to what they look most like? I'd love to have an idea of what my roo's other parent was. I think these chickens look a lot like Golden Campines, but I don't know much of anything when it comes to chicken breeds.

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by