Can anyone identify potential breeds in these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JustCluckin84, May 3, 2017.

1. JustCluckin84

JustCluckin84 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2017
    Texas
    A week ago my husband and I decided that we should explore chicken-children. I have fallen in LOVE!!! We got all of em from Atwoods. Lucy is very drawn to me and since we brought her home she has appeared to be. We got 6 chicks out of an assorted heavy pullet bin and then decided we wanted a rooster however Atwoods didn't have any identified. We picked 4 chicks from a bantam straight run bin. Since I am new I have no knowledge of breed identification. In all honesty I had no clue how many breeds there were until I tried to figure out my chicken-children. Can anyone help me out? Maybe even just guesses. So far I feel getting these kiddos has been one of the better decisions I have made!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  2. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

Do any of them have extra toes of feathered feet/legs?

3. JustCluckin84

JustCluckin84 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2017
    Texas
    They all appear to have the same number of toes. They are sleeping or I would check. None of them have feathers on their legs.

4. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

In that case (there are very few breeds with feathered feet, or extra toes) it's easier to just wait and see. Many breeds look very similar as chicks

1 person likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Much too young please post new photos at 6-8 weeks of age.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by