Can anyone identify these ladies?

MissHazzard

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 4, 2013
Hi all,
I am a long time lurker, first time poster :) I recently added these two cute ladies to my backyard flock. The last owner said she could not remember the breed. They lay brown eggs almost every day

. Any ideas?

Red SexLink also called Golden Comet and some other names. They are a hatchery cross breed bred for egg production. The hens are colored like yours and the rooster are white.

Last edited:
Red Sex Links, my favorite kind of chicken. I have had lots of heritage breeds, but I love my RSLs. All are sweet, docile, good layers, each has her own "look--" great birds.

Red Sex Links, my favorite kind of chicken. I have had lots of heritage breeds, but I love my RSLs. All are sweet, docile, good layers, each has her own "look--" great birds.
x2, my Red Star was a sweet hen she would follow us around and come when called, though unfortunately she was taken away by a fox.

Last edited:
Thank you all so much. Its good to hear such good things! I have noticed they are much friendlier than my other ladies (BC maran, Americauna, and olive egger) My other gals took forever to get to eat out of hands and still don't really like to be pet, but these girls seem to enjoy pets. :)

Back
Top Bottom