Can anyone identify this breed?

Clare Dalton

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 23, 2013

We inherited this rooster from a local farmer and he has happily looked after our ten layers. Would love to know what he is-

Mixed breed rooster, and a good looking one too!
smile.png

Last edited:
I'm no expert on breeds but recently learnt of one called an 'Allen Setter' --- a breed that looks a whole lot like that which is developed exclusively to brood and rear pheasant eggs and chicks.

I tried to find the link but couldn't. Someone in this forum recently showed photos and links of it on another thread, which wasn't about them (hijacked lol)... It may be in the pheasant forum or breed and gender forum. I'll post back the link if I find it.

EDIT: Googled it.
Quote:
Quote: Not the original thread I mentioned, but someone in this forum in the latter link mentions there's no solid breed standard for them.

Last edited:
I'm no expert on breeds but recently learnt of one called an 'Allen Setter' --- a breed that looks a whole lot like that which is developed exclusively to brood and rear pheasant eggs and chicks.

I was thinking that this rooster seemed familiar, but a lot of crosses look like real breeds so it's hard to know.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom