1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Can anyone identify this incubator brand?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Birdcrazy, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Songster

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me what it is? I'm struggling to work out these buttons and it doesn't have a brand on it. Would love to find an instruction manual.

I tried turning it on to warm it up, but it's quite temperamental and soon beeps angrily until I just switch it off.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. bcarthen

bcarthen Chirping

Mar 24, 2017
    Its a Chinese knockoff. Once in a while you get lucky with them but not very often. They have several different names but none of them are stamped on it and i do not think any of them have instruction manuals. Check on youtube. Try searching for cheap chinese yellow incubator.

3. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Songster

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Thanks - I thought it was some sort of cheap Chinese product!
    Some friends picked it up and gave it to me, along with a bunch of fertilised eggs, so I guess I'll try!
    Trying to find an instruction manual is driving me insane.

4. K.Riggs

K.Riggs Songster

Aug 22, 2017
    Only heard bad things. A lot of people say you have to wrap them in a blanket so the thermostat doesn't have to work so hard.

5. bcarthen

bcarthen Chirping

Mar 24, 2017
    Like i said. Sometimes you get lucky with them. Im pretty sure i found a video on youtube with a guy talking about how to operate it. If i can find it i will link it on this page.

K.Riggs likes this.
  6. K.Riggs

K.Riggs Songster

Aug 22, 2017
    The humidity looks way too high in the picture from what everyone on here says. Condensation is bad yes?

7. bcarthen

bcarthen Chirping

Mar 24, 2017
    Depending on what day you are on. If you are in lockdown that looks ok. But if you are on day 1-17 then it looks way to high.

K.Riggs likes this.
  8. bcarthen

bcarthen Chirping

Mar 24, 2017
    Heres a video of the guy adjusting the temp. Not the best video but its the best i could find after watching about 30 videos lol

Side note....definetly use a seperate thermometer. I have read that the styrofoam that it is shipped in should be left on it to hold the heat in better. You will see in this video that he can not get his temperature high enough. Here is another video with the styrofoam still on it and its in use.

Hope this helps.

9. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Songster

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Thanks everyone!
    Had a look through those videos Bcarthen, lucky my temp gage actually works! And by works I mean the numbers change, also the '+' button is apparently broken so I can't change anything :p
    So it's not looking good! I'll get a separate themometer to monitor and I've just wrapped it up in a blanket. Hopefully it doesn't start beeping at me in the middle of the night this time!

Yep the humidity is too high, but there aren't any eggs in there yet. I've just been playing around with it first and testing to see if it actually changes. An hour after that photo was taken the humidity went down to about 60% - does that sound sort of accurate? Maybe?

I've actually no idea how old this is either, it was given to me from friends (too busy to use it themselves) who actually inherited it from other friends. So that's probably not a good sign either :rolleyes:

10. CKMore

CKMore In the Brooder

Sep 14, 2017
    You have to push the set button & do as the manual says to change either the heat or humity settings & to set the alarms;

Heat is in usually set from the factory at 38 Celsius. When I used mine I put 2-3 extra thermometers in there (before I set my eggs) for a few days to see what the temperature was at fahrenheit & to see how I needed to adjust my unit.
    Here is the manual

http://www.casogo.com/Manual/eggs Incubator_manual.pdf

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: