Can Anyone Indentify My Sister's Rooster Friend?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by donnap1967, Apr 10, 2008.

1. donnap1967

donnap1967 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    My sister has made friends with a rooster at a house she is looking at and she was wondering what he is. Since I have made so many friends here I told her I would ask. Might be hard not being able to see his whole body. Any thoughts?

[​IMG]

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I'd say Easter Egger. I can't see his comb, but the rest of him looks a lot like my Easter Egger roosters.

3. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd say EE, as well.

He is gorgeous.
    Em

4. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I say true araucana. When you breed araucanas together you get tufted rumpless, tufted tailed, smooth faced rumpless, and rumpless and tailed birds with partial tufts. I say he is a tufted tailed araucana.
    I just looked closer and noticed that it almost looks like feathers on his legs. He has to have araucana in him because he has one tuft for sure.

5. Brian

Brian Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2007
    Jacksonville, ORegon
    It's a bantam silkie rooster. [​IMG]
    NO... I'm wrong. I believe it must be a quail! Yeah...that's it. It's a quail!
    For anyone else who needs help. I charge a modest fee for my expert opinions.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  6. Kim_1970

Kim_1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    hi hi!

I am Donna's sister. I love love love this rooster. I went to look at this farm (still hoping to buy it) and the last renter left her hens and rooster behind. The chickens were apparently killed by some dog I was told - but the rooster is still there. I am hoping that he "comes with the house" haha.

Here is the only other picture I have of him right now...
    [​IMG]

7. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Its still hard to tell. My first thought was EE, but then I read Mike's post...and I could see what he was talking about...Then I saw the second picture, and it doesn't look like a tuff to me, looks more like a beard in the second picture. Is there anyway to get a picture of the bird with his head up? He almost has the build like a standard old english game rooster, but with out a better picture, it will be hard to tell.

8. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I say silkie cross, it has a small crest, small beard/muffs, feathered feet, and a walnut type comb, like when you mate a pea combed bird to a rose/silkie combed bird(genetically silkie comb is rose comb + crest). The second pic makes the 'tuft' look like hackle feathers attached to the bottom of the beak or somethin. Can you please get a pic of the bird upright?

9. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    He must be so lonely [​IMG]

10. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    I think he'd be much happier at home with some ladies to keep him company..... if you don't buy the farm you need to get the rooster anyway...lol

Julie [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by