Can anyone link me to the ordinances for Miamisburg, Ohio?

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by jenmamahen, May 9, 2009.

1. jenmamahen

jenmamahen Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2009
    Miamisburg, OH
    I talked to someone from the City and was told that chickens are only allowed in areas zoned agricultural, but I'd like to see the codes for myself, and I can't find them anywhere. I've searched for codes, ordinances, laws, you name it, and I just can't find them! It's driving me crazy! If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!

2. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
  3. jenmamahen

May 8, 2009
    Miamisburg, OH
    Quote:I have been all over that website and can't find anything pertaining to chickens. It seems to me that the codes/ordinances must be available somehow, otherwise, how are people supposed to be expected to follow them? So frustrating!

4. Caleb x49

Caleb x49 Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2009
    Illinois
  5. jenmamahen

May 8, 2009
    Miamisburg, OH
    Quote:I did talk to someone on the phone, he was very nice, sympathetic to my quest, as his family raised chickens when he was a boy. I was just hoping to see the actual codes in print, to read them myself. I'm sure I could probably get a printed copy if I called the city, I just thought perhaps someone on the boards would be able to direct me to an online source.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by