Can anyone out there identify these chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 12kinderchicks, May 13, 2010.

1. 12kinderchicks

12kinderchicks New Egg

May 13, 2010
    Hi, I am new to the forum...a kindergarten teacher who just hatched 12 baby chicks. The photos are of 5 of the "mixed-breed" chicks we hatched, now I'm curious what their breeds are. Please help if you can. Many thanks to you all![​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I think I see Rhode Island Red chicks, and the little black one might just be a Barred Rock.

3. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    It's hard to tell before they are all feathered out but I would guess the top one is an EE, the second one (on the left) looks like my RIRs did at that age but could be a sex-link (Rhode Island cross), third one (second pic on right) looks like a Barred Rock or a cuckoo maran, and I'm not sure at all about the 2 chicks in the last photo. I thought maybe welsumer on the left but the coloring is not quite right.
    They are all adorable!!! I bet the kids love them! I did this when I taught and it was awesome!

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    1. Game chick
    2. RIR & BR
    3. Game chick & RIR

5. triggfamily5

triggfamily5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Moorcroft, WY
    Don't hold me to it, as I am a newbie with all the breeds, but

pic 1 looks like my Speckled Sussex, though several breeds look like them, might have to wait.

Pic 2, RIR (or of that variety)and barred rock (can't see the leg coloring, could be Cuckoo Maran)

Pic 3 not sure

No knocking me, just my initial opinion. I am still deciphering mine [​IMG] , so I am no expert...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by