CAN ANYONE RECCOMEND A HATCHERY IN NY OR NOTHERN PA?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by crazyfarmmom27, Feb 24, 2009.

1. crazyfarmmom27

crazyfarmmom27 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2009
    WNY-Southerntier
    I am looking for a hatchery in New York or Northern PA. I read it's a good idea to try and find a hatchery as close to your home as possible to give the chicks the least amount of travel time possible. Any suggestions? Thank you!

2. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    The only one I know of is Mt. Healthy in Ohio. That's where my feed store gets its chicks from.[​IMG]

3. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    The only one I know of is Mt. Healthy in Ohio. That's where my feed store gets its chicks from.[​IMG]

4. crazyfarmmom27

crazyfarmmom27 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2009
    WNY-Southerntier
    Thank you! I'll go online and look up their website!

5. Badlatitude

Badlatitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    CT/FL
  6. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
  7. flagday76

flagday76 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2008
    Carthage NY
    What breed are you looking to get? There is someone on Craigslist (out by your area I think) that has quite a few breeds to pick from. Here is the link...maybe this will help. You'll be supporting a local person, and the chicks won't have to be shipped, you can pick them up. Better all way around, I think![​IMG]

http://rochester.craigslist.org/grd/1051278531.html

8. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
  9. Portia

Portia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    I've ordered from Mt Healthy and Meyer in OH. Hoffman in PA also has a good selection when in stock, but wouldn't let me pick up even though they are just around the corner [​IMG]

10. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Just order chicks that are air shipped and sent from a hatchery that usually ships to your area this time of year. I am in upstate NY and ordered chicks from Privett Hatchery in New Mexico. They came last week and I didnt lose a single one. Even the extras are alive and well. The hatcheries in our area (NY,PA,OH) have a pretty slim selection right now, not to mention theyre selling pullet chicks at over 3 dollars a chick... thats insane!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by