Can anyone recommend a good incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jmc, Aug 7, 2008.

1. jmc

jmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    I'd like to get an incubator, not so inclined to make one myself.

I can't imagine I'd ever do even 25 eggs at a time, but who knows, I've seen some that'll take 30. That seems good to me.

I've seen some mention Hovabators

Can anyone make a recommendation. I'd want one that turns eggs, too. Y'know, has all the 'stuff' with it![​IMG]

thanks for whatever you can do

Edited to say that:

I sort of hoped for more responses. Grateful for those who responded.
    Anyone else have anything to suggest, or an incubator you like?use?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
  2. homeandbarnbasics

homeandbarnbasics Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2008
    Tallassee, AL
    In my opinion, the best value in a small incubator is the Hova-Bator Genesis. You can get one with or without an auto turner. If you dont need that much capacity and want a little bit better machine, then the Brinsea Octagon 10 or 20 is a great little incubator. We offer both brands and, as always, BYC members get a discount if you order from us. Use coupon code BYC5 at checkout. Take a look, ask around, and let me know if we can help you.
    Happy Hatching
    Tony
    www.homeandbarnbasics.com

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

The best incubator is the Brinsea Octagon. I have the 40. There is also a smaller one. The temp stays constant, and it has a turner that you plop the incubator on, and then when you stop turning, you take the incubator off of the turner. It works great, and I always get great hatches. It has a digital temp moniter. It is pricey though. I got mine in May 2002 and it was around $389.00. It still works great 6 years later.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by