Can anyone ship some Blue Wheaten Ameraucana eggs to Hawaii?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hulufarms, Apr 7, 2011.

1. hulufarms

hulufarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Kailua Kona, Hi
    I'm looking for some pure Blue Wheaten Ameraucana hatching eggs. I am on the Big Island. Looking for about 6-12 eggs. Can anyone ship here?

Thanks

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    The last time I checked, there is some red tape involved. Contact your local state ag service for requirements to ship them in.

3. hulufarms

hulufarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Kailua Kona, Hi
    I emailed the State of Hawaii Department of Agriculture. This is what they said:

"You can get your eggs from NPIP certified as long as they do the pre-shipment requirements for hatching eggs entering Hawaii and provide us the proof that they are NPIP certified. All shipments of eggs and birds must have the Poultry and Bird Import Permit attached to the shipment or will be refused entry by the Postal Service. The breeder can call our office to request for the permit but must provide us a proof of their NPIP certification before we can issue the permit. The office does not issue the Poultry and Bird Import Permit for hatching eggs without the requirements. There is no charge for the Poultry and Bird Import Permit. Shipment without the permit will be refused entry by the U.S. Postal Service upon arrival.

If you need further information please call our office at (808) 837-8092 and ask for an inspector to help you."

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  4. Christie Rhae

Christie Rhae Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Did you ever get any wheaten ameraucanas? I have managed to hatch one lil chick. She is nearly 4 weeks old now. But I still need more! I live down in Ka'u.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by