Can anyone tell if this is a cockral?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Dotshines, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Dotshines

Dotshines Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2009
    McAlpin, Fl
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just got this chick and I think it is a cockral. I don't know for sure the breed, age, or sex. Any help would would be appreciated.
    [​IMG]

2. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Without a doubt a boy. With a comb that big and red this early could be a leghorn. He is rather lanky looking. But he could also be a white rock or white orp (doubtful). Looks to be about 6 weeks old - give or take.
    Cute :)

3. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Hey I just noticed you're from my neck of the woods! Hi! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  4. pastorwalt

pastorwalt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    X2 White Leghorn cockerel - WPR a & Orps don/t get that much comb that small

5. Dotshines

Feb 3, 2009
    McAlpin, Fl
    Hi neighbor! I did think it was a boy and a white leghorn. I just got 38 white leghorn girls and then I went to a hardware store in Dowling Park and saw this guy. He was the biggest one in there. He was in with some little turkeys and quail. And I thougth well I already have the girls. lol He is the friendliest little guy. He wants to follow me all around the yard.

6. Dotshines

Feb 3, 2009
    McAlpin, Fl
    thank you. I don't know too much but I thought he was a white leghorn.

7. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Just be careful with him and don't baby him too much. White leghorn roo's tend to get an attitude when they get bigger and get very dominant. You need to make sure that you don't let him think he's boss or you may end up with a problem.
    Congrats on your hens, you will get some very nice eggs from them :)

8. Dotshines

Feb 3, 2009
    McAlpin, Fl
    oh ok. I sure don't want a problem rooster. I do know how[​IMG] that can be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by