Can anyone tell me about Golden Sex Links?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chicken D's mom, May 27, 2010.

1. Chicken D's mom

Chicken D's mom Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2009
    I just got done moving to a new town just in time to get some more chicks from the local farm store. All they had was some Americaunas and some Golden Sex Link pullets. I looked on the breed chart for the sex links, but didn't see any. Can someone tell me more about them such as size, broodiness, egg production?

Thank you, the info is much appriciated.

2. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
  3. NanaJune

NanaJune Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2009
    Justin, Texas
    I raise Gold Sex Links, and they are WONDERFUL! They are very gentle natured, very people friendly, and prolific layers. I noticed on the link above that it says they go broody "seldom," and I have to disagree. My hens go broody frequently, and I have to make them give up their eggs against their will. I am very happy with my girls. I have 8 hens and 1 roo. I will warn you, though, that if you hatch out chicks, the ability to sex them by color at hatch is not true. They go back to the parents colorings. I have a red roo and a white pullet from hatching some of my Sex Link eggs. [​IMG]

4. Chicken D's mom

Chicken D's mom Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2009
    Great! Thank you for the info! I ended up getting 4 eggers and 4 golden sex links. They are sooo cute. I had been trying to hatch out chicks of my own from my barred Rock Roo and a Japanese bantam (I had 4 chickens but now down to these 2 adults).....The poor guy just can't get them fertilized. I think he needs a chicken his own size!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by