can anyone tell me if I got a roo?

nkcsweetie

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 25, 2013
friend of mine gave me 2 golden comets pullets, I was told these are easy to sex..but i'm just afraid we got little roos...we also got one barred rock ...

thanks :) i'm crossing my fingers they are all girls.., my daughter is very attached to them...last time we got chicks her favorite one was a roo we had to give him up, broke her heart...hoping the BR is a pullet but i'll have to wait :)

thanks :) i'm crossing my fingers they are all girls.., my daughter is very attached to them...last time we got chicks her favorite one was a roo we had to give him up, broke her heart...hoping the BR is a pullet but i'll have to wait :)

I looked up sexing barred rock chicks, and going by what Speckledhen says, I think you have a pullet.

Your 2 Golden Comets are pullets. Gold Comet is one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links, and Red Sex Link male chicks are always whitish or silver. I agree with BantamLover21, the Barred Rock chick is too young to sex accurately.

That barred rock looks identical to a BR chick that I got, it turned out to be a big rooster, I mean BIG. Unfortunately, the foxes we have on are property had kits and took 2 chickens (I seen two foxes with one chicken each running for cover) ,him being one of them.

friend of mine gave me 2 golden comets pullets, I was told these are easy to sex..but i'm just afraid we got little roos...we also got one barred rock ...

The barred rock is too young to tell- but when it starts getting it's first feathers check to see if they have a lot of white on them- this would mean it is probably a roo. PS: You let chicks walk on carpet. What if they poo?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom