1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can Anyone Tell Me The Breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by omigoz, Jul 9, 2016.

1. omigoz

omigoz New Egg

Jul 9, 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hi! I bought these chickens from someone and they told me they were Barred Rock Bantams. After searching I found out that Barred Rocks lay brown eggs. Occasionally I get a brown egg but most are white. Can anyone please identify these chickens for me? Thanks so much!

2. legit chickens

legit chickens Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2016
    The person you bought those hens from are probably right they look like barred rocks. Your eggs might not be white they might be tinted cream. I have heard that some Barred Rock chickens have the ability to lay tinted cream instead of brown.

3. omigoz

omigoz New Egg

Jul 9, 2016
    [​IMG]

Thank you so much for answering. I took a picture of the eggs...when I compare them to a regular white egg from the grocery store they do seem tinted. I just wanted you to see them and maybe they will help in the identification...thanks again!

4. legit chickens

legit chickens Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2016
    Those eggs look fantastic! I was looking at some barred rock egg pics your eggs look normal to me[​IMG]

5. omigoz

omigoz New Egg

Jul 9, 2016
    Thank you ! That makes me feel much better...I appreciate your help so much!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by