1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can Anyone Tell Me The Breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by omigoz, Jul 10, 2016.

1. omigoz

omigoz New Egg

Jul 9, 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am posting more photos and hoping that someone can identify the breed. I got some good advice, however I am needing some more before I mislead someone. I am confused because the chicks are identical to barred rock and the hens look more like the California grey. And then the white one came along from one of my hatches. They are not mixed with any other breeds and were sold to me as Barred Rock Bantams..please all of you chicken experts out there...help! I do not want to mislead anyone when I sell chicks and I am hoping with the photos that one of you will be able to tell me. Thanks again

2. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut Premium Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    The tail and lighter color of the rooster makes me guess Dominique. They look very similar to barred rocks, but are slightly different.

3. eleaserek

eleaserek Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2015
    Billings, MT
    Except that dominiques have rose combs, and these birds clearly have straight combs. These birds also seem to have white legs as opposed to yellow. I'm not sure what they are...but not dominiques.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by