Can anyone tell me the standard for Wheaten Americaunas?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by tinychicky, Jul 23, 2011.

1. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    I found the standard for type, but not plumage coloration. I don't have a copy of the standard. Can someone tell me please? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  2. tinychicky

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    does anyone know?

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    First, give people time to respond. There is usually a lot less "traffic" on BYC over the weekends than during the week. Maybe bump with the question from your second post if you don't hear something in 24 hours, not 30 minutes.

Second, consider purchasing a copy of the APA or ABA standard.

4. kinsey228

kinsey228 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Chesterville, Maine
    I don't have the coloration stuff, but here is a pic of my Wheaten Ameracauna roo.
    [​IMG]

5. tinychicky

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    Quote:sorry [​IMG] and yeah i've been asking for a copy of the standard for my birthday but i didn't get one. they are pretty expensive [​IMG] if i can find one cheap somewhere i'll get it [​IMG]

6. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    www.Ameraucana.org for all Ameraucana's it gives the breed standard as well as lots of pics and info...first thing to learn if you have true Ameraucana though is that there is no I in Ameraucana [​IMG] Those that spell it with an I usually have Easter Eggers
    As far as the color goes...you may keep a hen that isn't the best in color because she has great type or egg color and the roo offsets the faults.Wheaten is a very hard color to get "perfect" as they are striving for.

7. tinychicky

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    sorry i'm a bad speller [​IMG] the ameraucana i hope to get is from john blehm's (sp?) lines so it would be pure [​IMG] thanks for the link HB [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by