Can anyone tell me what breed of chicken this is??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bloomnbeauty, Apr 14, 2009.

1. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    These were given to my son and noone knows what breed they are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I was going to say brahma, but then i saw the neck so I have no Idea! They do have feathered feet right?

3. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    Yes they have feathered feet with four toes and only the front of the neck is naked but it is nothing like a NN. These are very dark red. Almost like a turkeys wattle.

4. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Well Im stumped , It probably is a mix of chickens, I don't know. but hopefully someone will come on that does, good luck finding out, I would be interested in finding out too. I think it might be a brahma mix, thats just because they look just like my brahmas except for the necks.

5. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    light brahmas, buff brahmas, dark brahmas ?

6. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    brahmas were my first thought too....hmm .... but i dont think so...theyre not just plucked out or moulting or something? lol they also seem a little lean for brahmas...idk...im curious too tho

7. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    I forgot to mention that these are bantams. When I first saw them I thought about a leash around the neck as all of them have that indication around the neck. But the feathers are only missing on the front and not the back of the neck.

8. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Brahmas and I'm thinking that they probably have either been itching due to lice and therefore have knocked out their neck feathers or the hens are pulling at them. I have a Cochin that has this same thing happen and it was initially from the lice.... but even since they have cleared up the hens keep pulling at his neck feathers for whatever reason and he has brittle feathers.

9. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Balding Brahmas. [​IMG]

10. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Well that does make sense, have you checked for lice or mites on them?, let us know what you find out. Good luck with them, Sandy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by