Can anyone tell me what breeds I have?picture of my girls.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by littlehenny, Dec 26, 2009.

1. littlehenny

littlehenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2009
    I am going to try and post a picture of my girls. I have them in with my (I think) kakhi drake. Since Geronimo was the smallest of my 6 drakes I ended up with. I put him with the girls. The girls were born I think sometime in may. Still no eggs. To me they look so small. I wanted to try and breed one of them with one of my welsh harlequins, but the welsh harlequins look humongous, compared to the girls. Anyway, can anyone tell me what mix my girls are?
    [​IMG]

2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Starting from left: Khaki Campbell hen, Ancona hen (ancona cross?), Welsh Harlequin Drake, Blue swedish/ runner cross hen maybe?, blue swedish hen.....hope that helps...

3. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    I hatched some ducks in my classroom last spring. I got the eggs from a woman who had Cayuga, Black Swedish, and Runners free ranging. I think the ducklings may have been from the Black Swedish they looked like this. The one on the right looks a little like this one. Maybe black or blue Swedish. I am new to the world of ducks though, maybe others will have a better idea.

[​IMG]

4. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Quote:Agreed! The Ancona could be an early Magpie / Runner . MIne look exactly like that ( seeing as that cross is the origin of the Ancona), Im going to breed them in summer to see if I can get some "pure" anconas after a few generations.

5. littlehenny

littlehenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2009
    Thanks for the information. I didn't want my boys to feel left out. So, I am posting there picture. It was so cold the morning, I took this picture! I almost froze watching them.
    [​IMG]

6. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Your boys are beautiful...especially the cayuga...is that what it is?

7. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    SO Pretty!! My cayuga is a hatchery hen, and has no irridescense what so ever. SHe is a little pessemistic thing though, always having a problem with someone ( If i spelled something wrong, excuse it, lol )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by