Can anyone tell me what breeds I have?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Gainesvillechickenlover, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Gainesvillechickenlover

Gainesvillechickenlover Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2008
    I have 5 hens and after much growing they are now outside in their coop. I'm still not sure about breeds. Does anyone have suggestions from the photos? Thanks[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  2. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    The red ones are Rhode Island Reds, not sure what the White one in the back is tho.

3. CornerViewFarm

CornerViewFarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2008
    Ohio
    I agree with Critter Crazy the red ones look like the RIR pullets i bought at an auction yeserday. The white one Might be a White Rock or a White Gaint?

4. thechickman04

thechickman04 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Cumming, Georgia
    i would say the white one was either a white leghorn or white rock

5. happyhens

happyhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    KY
    Rhode Island or New Hampshire Red pullets, and the white one looks like a White Rock to me. They are very pretty!

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Okay...white one I am thinking a white rock...as it does not appear to be big enough for a leghorn. The reds remind me of my New Hampshire Red. Could be RIRs too. here is my 3 week old NHR looking real scruffy right now

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Actually, aren't Leghorns smaller than Rocks? I know mine are very petite little birds.

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I dunno for sure but every leghorn I have seen as been a bit taller than the others...the chicks are huge compared to rocks and ameraucana... so ?????

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  9. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    My Califonia White Leghorn is smaller than the Buff Orps and they are the same age.
    Since I can't really see the white one that well I am going to make a guess and say White Leghorn too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by