can anyone tell me what breeds I have?

Mcdimarzio12

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 4, 2014
Wichita Falls, TX

I'm new to raising chickens and I wasn't sure if anyone could tell me what type of chicks I have.

WELCOME TO BYC!!
frow.gif

I'm not the best with breeds but the second one might be a white sultan. Does the black chick have a white dot on it's head? If so, she is a barred rock. I'm unsure on the last one.

Last edited:
(MountainPeeps, if it were a sultan, it would have feathered feet)

#1 Polish
#2 Silkie
#3 Barred Rock
#4 could be an Easter Egger/Americauna

Those are unprofessional guesses though.

Last edited:
The second might be silkie, as I have seen combs and feet change from pink to black as they get older, but I'm not too familiar with sultans. The black one is most definitely a barred Plymouth Rock. Last one I'm iffy about, as there are many breeds that start out with the chipmunk pattern. I'm most familiar with Easter Eggers though, so that would be my guess.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

I'd say the first bird is probably a Polish, cute little tophat!
The second bird should have five toes, with the light skin it looks like a sultan
Third bird looks barred or cuckoo, but need a little more info to narrow that down. Straight comb and yellow legs means Rock. Rose comb and yellow legs means Dominique. Straight comb and white/pink legs means Marans. Feathered legs and straight comb would lean toward Cochin.
The last one is a pretty generic red/brown chick color, several breeds start out similar enough I have a hard time telling who will be what. I can say it will be a brown/red based color.

Back
Top Bottom