1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Can anyone tell me what breeds these chickens are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by medicusmay, Feb 22, 2014.

1. medicusmay

medicusmay In the Brooder

Feb 8, 2014
    These chickens are my sister in laws and they are both such sweet birds to my kids. We are hoping (pending HOA) to get chickens this sping. I was thinking orpingtons but I really do love both these hens and would like to know what breed they are. Thank you :)[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Songster

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    Top pic looks like a light brahma, but I could be wrong. Bottom one is a red sex link. They are great layers!

1 person likes this.
  3. First one is a Light Brahma.
    Second one is a Red-Sex Link or ISA Brown or Red Star. ( They have many names ).

Personally I think you should get a flock of Brahma's. They come in so many colours, search them up on BYC and Google and I am sure you will want them[​IMG].
    There is also a thread here on BYC called "Brahmalot" look it up, it's a marvelous story!

Orpingtons are great as well! They lay more than Brahmas but less variations, unless you cross.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Crowing

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Light brahma and red sex link

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by