Can anyone tell me what breeds?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by donnap1967, Mar 23, 2008.

1. donnap1967

donnap1967 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    I have no idea what breeds our chicks might be and since this is our first hatch I am wondering of some of the experts might be able to help me. I have been searching the internet trying to "match them up".

There are three chicks and two of them are half the size of the other so I am assuming they are bantam breeds. I'll start with the larger one....

Chick #1: This ones feathers are coming in white and gold with black trim and he is the larger chick:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick #2: This is one of the smaller chicks and he is more colorful with darker feathers coming in. They are gold and black:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is chick #3: He is about the same size as chick number two but his feathers are coming in white:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any guesses??

2. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Where did you get the eggs? Were they all brown eggs? What were the sizes of the eggs?

3. donnap1967

donnap1967 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    I got the eggs from Abma's Farm here in NJ. This started as a science fair project but have now become hooked on chickens lol. The eggs were all brown eggs and they were the size of an xlarge egg you might buy fron the grocery store. Average size.

4. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Then they are all standards if they all came from standard eggs. Do you know if the farm seperated by breed? If not then you probably have mixes or mutts it will be hard to tell what they are mixed with until they are older.

I'd bet money on the first one being a roo, look at those chubby legs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by