can anyone tell me what color this ameraucana chick ive got here will be?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by larps1234, Dec 31, 2012.

1. larps1234

larps1234 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2012
    Miami, Florida
    My Coop
    this is my new Ameraucana (pullet?) "Taffy" i just got from Grifs feed store. there were about one hundred Ameraucana chicks in their brooder, but only two whites stood out among the darker ones. one was a yellow chick that apeared to be buff; the other, this? i just had to have it!!! can anyone tell me what she will look like when she will get older? or mabe just post a pick in this thread of what she might be? she looks nothing like the easter egger pullet i have (black and white featherd bird in the picture.) my easter egger looks like the dark ones in the brooder at Grifs. by her look i would say she is two weeks old. my easter egger is 4 weeks old. if you know what she (the easter egger) might look like, please let me know too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

say she is 2 weeks old.

2. rollkeeg877

rollkeeg877 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    london ontario
    first one looks like a wheaten and the others i don't know sorry

3. Lots A Cluckin

Lots A Cluckin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    I doubt those are true Ameraucana's those are easter eggers the hens will still lay blue/green eggs but in order to get true Ameraucana's you have to go to a breeder and the chicks are very expensive So I would say they are both Easter eggers...and the dark easter egger you have posted above I think will be a rooster just by my experience the EE's colored like the dark one are roos and the lighter ones are hens.

4. Lots A Cluckin

Feb 28, 2012
    and I do have an EE that looked like yours that are pictured...let me find pics of them I will be back......

5. Lots A Cluckin

Feb 28, 2012
    Ok first here is my EE chick that looks like you dark one..and it grew up to be a roo.

1 day old

[​IMG]

3 weeks old

[​IMG]

7 weeks old...and this is the last pic I have of him we sold him because we had too many roosters.

[​IMG]

and here is my EE that looked like your light colored chick and it is a pullet and she lays blue/green eggs.

1 week old

[​IMG]

4 weeks old

[​IMG]

and grown

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. larps1234

Nov 19, 2012
    Miami, Florida
    My Coop
    shes 4 weeks old with no redness on the comb at all? when i looked and he wing feathers when she was born they looked like the one that shows she is a pullet.
    [​IMG]
    Quote:

7. larps1234

Nov 19, 2012
    Miami, Florida
    My Coop
    i know the the darker one in the pic is an easter egger. but the other one i was told was a true ameraucana. ive heard that the feed stores do that. thank you for letting me know that they are both EEs. imagine if i sold an EE pullet saying it was an Ameraucana! lots a clucking. do you have a full body pic of what the dark one will look like? oh and i bought Bantam Laven Ameraucana eggs on ebay! i really want a true ameraucana!

8. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    They are both easter eggers. The lighter one has yellow legs which indicates yellow skin and the darker one with green legs again an indicator of yellow skin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by