Can anyone tell me what kind of chickens I have?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by GumBranchChick, Dec 13, 2016.

1. GumBranchChick

GumBranchChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2016
    Elberta, AL
    I rescued the black one on thanksgiving bc he was getting hurt, & once he got better, the farmer offered me the other 3. And I have no idea what kind they are...but they sure are cute!! In some photos, I had just put dust on them to try and get them to bathe, they just don't have any interest in it. Maybe it's the dust, or the container. Idk.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    Hi,
    Oh they are just cute! I don't know what kind of chicken they are but I think all three are girls. Don't see any sign of comb development on them. What say the rest of ya'll out there on BYC?
    Best,
    Karen

3. GumBranchChick

Nov 29, 2016
    Elberta, AL
    :) Yay! That would be ideal. And there are actually 4. The bottom two are the same kind as far as I can tell.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    If they all came from the same brood, I'm thinking they're all mixed breed birds. The black one could be a barred Rock, hard to tell at this point. But the others all look mixed.

5. GumBranchChick

Nov 29, 2016
    Elberta, AL
    I think these are random eggs that the farmer wasn't sure exactly which chickens they belonged to. He said he had a hen that just kept wanting to sit so he just gave her some eggs. [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by