Can anyone tell me what sort of duck this us?

Teanah

Hatching
Jul 7, 2016
So about 4 to 5 weeks ago my husband took my step daughter to our local tractor supply and came home with a duckling. He/she is starting to grow its feathers and my mother and myself originally thought he was a mallard but he has a white ring arond his neck so now i am not completely sure what breed he/she is. I am planning on taking him/her out to my mothers house in the next week or two, she has 10 other ducks on her farm. And she is wanting me to try and find out what breed he or she is. I have been looking online and have found nothing.

Thank you for your help, i will post a picture of him/her.

I think ... wait. Does it have a white feather by its tail? The neck ring throws me off, but some purebred have that.
My guess is a Rouen cross.
@Spyderk117 is usually right, I've noticed. :D

Last edited:
You know, now that I think about it... Your duckling looks similiar to mine. My dark ones had a ring around their necks.
The ladies had mixed Rouens, buttt... the also had three grey (silver... actually called Cumberland Blue) Indian Runners, and a Saxony). Maybe contact the breeder and ask what she had with the adults.

No he or she doesnt have any white tail feathers. The white ring around his neck threw my mom off as well. Thabk you all so much.

Back
Top Bottom