Can anyone tell me what these eggs came from? *pic*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Razadia, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    My brother works for the Montgomery Water Works and while they down in a pit he found these small, white, hard- shelled eggs. When I say small I really mean it. We can't understand how they got where they did seeing as the cover to the pit over laps and doesn't have any holes in the top. It's also flush against a brick wall. I was thinking that they might be hummingbird eggs because of the size, but I really have no idea what they could be.

[​IMG]

2. LaBaze

LaBaze Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Covington, LA
    Hummingbird eggs I think

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Given the location, I would hazard a guess of lizard, salamander or small snake.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

A pack of Skittles?

5. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Quote:Given the location, I would hazard a guess of lizard, salamander or small snake.

The only problem with that is that we don't have any lizards or snakes around here that lay hard shelled eggs. And we don't have any snakes that lay eggs that small.

6. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Would anyone happen to know of a rehaber in Montgomery I could give them to? Try as I might, I can't find one and I'd rather give them a chance.

7. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio

The only problem with that is that we don't have any lizards or snakes around here that lay hard shelled eggs. And we don't have any snakes that lay eggs that small.

Yes those are bird eggs ,my guess hummingbirds. snakes , lizard ,turtle eggs are not hard shell

8. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! Hatch 'em! [​IMG]

9. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Quote:I want to so bad, but I have to leave before they'd hatch and I'm not sure how'd they'd like a really long car ride to Knoxville. [​IMG]

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wow, those are small!

I think most lizard eggs are softer shelled, but I could be wrong about that. f they are in fact bird eggs, they are probably hummingbird eggs due to the side. There was no nest nearby? It seems strange that a bird that small would lay them on the ground, but it is possible that they are lizard as well!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by