1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can anyone tell what sex these are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by buzbel, Nov 28, 2013.

1. buzbel

buzbel New Egg

Nov 28, 2013
    Canberra, Australia
    I have 5 chicks that I would love to know the gender of, 2 x polish, 1 x wyandotte partridge bantam and 2 x silkies (I would also like to know what colour the silkies will be). They are all 4 weeks except the bigger polish which is 5 weeks.

Thanks everyone :)

1. Wyandotte
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 1st polish
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. 2nd polish
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 1st silkie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. 2nd silkie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fosterson

fosterson Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

4 weeks is a little young to be making guesses on gender YET, IMHO. But roolings will start getting noticably pinker combs in most cases, long before their similarly aged 'sisters' will.

You've got a lovely bunch of youngsters there. That older Polish is a hoot to look at. Somewhere between Einstein and 'stuck my tongue in a light socket'. [​IMG]

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the silkies look to be partridge

4. Henry wwf

Henry wwf Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2013
    the partrdge wyandotte is a female
    [​IMG]
    a male would look like this[​IMG] hope that helps pn

5. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

not at 4 weeks old it wouldn't

6. mellcrowl

mellcrowl Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2013
    Its an awfully hard call so young... I have had luck with the flip em over sexing method. I was told if when you flip em over, they suck their little legs up to their chest its a hen and if they let their legs extending away from their body its likely a roo. Doesn't seem like an accurate method but I've had about a 90+ percent success rate doing it that way.

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Its too young to tell. However, the first bird's comb is a little red, so my guess would be male. The Polish looks like a female so far. As for the Silkie, its way too young to tell.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by