can birds be bi sexual?

wildorchid053

Songster
10 Years
May 12, 2009
syracuse area, ny
i have what i thought was 3RIR roos and 1RIR hen..it hasn't ever crowed. is about 5" smaller than the other roos. they were all born the same time.. they are 5 mos old and last night it mounted one of my hens.. do hens do this or is it a roo?

31142_004.jpg

this is he/she with other sex link hens the tail doesn't curl like the other roos either
31142_006.jpg

this is what the other roo looks like..

DEFINELTY a rooster probobaly cause that one is smaller it lacks confidence thats how my little red is he doesnt crow as much as big red does

To answer your question, yes hens do do this too. It tends to happen more when there isn't a roo in the population. I have one BSL that crows every morning when getting up and every evening before going to bed. She did lay really pretty large brown eggs. Double yolks at least once a week.

This behavior started the fall of her 2nd year. We had a rooster but he had started chasing my old cats and I was having none of that. He moved away and Broomhilda has taken over his place as roo. She has always been top hen now she is top roo too.

That's definately a roo. I started out with 2 RIR roos. One was smaller and had curled toes. We called him Gimpy. Even though he feathered in completely he never crowed. He was so sweet. Sadly a coon got him & one of my ducks
somad.gif

I recently had to sell my other RIR roo (and his girls went with him)
After he was about a year old he started jumping on your back if you weren't looking. Scared the heck out of the kids.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom