I got some pretty bad mortality rates for my button quail, as my luck goes. Only females died....So i'm planning on getting more females. Is it okay to wait until after summer, and to get more females before spring. Basically what I'm thinking is that spring is breeding season. So if I leave them like this they'll be fine until breeding season. The person I'm (hopefully) buying the females from also has African Harlequin quail pairs for $25. Since African Harlequins are only 2x the size of button quail I'm wondering if they can be housed together. There will be 10 quail total. The cage is 16sqft plus an 8sqft (second story) plus a 21sqft run. The total amount is 45sqft. Will 6sqft per quail be enough (To happily house) 8 buttons and 2 harlequins?