1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can Cats Get.....

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by PitterPaws, Nov 11, 2011.

1. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Can Cats Get a Sprained Tail??

My two cats were Playing on their cat tree the other day, and my front declawed cat (not my choice adopted her that way)

Was laying on her side and just started to fall off of the cat tree and of course no claws so couldn't catch the post and fell on her back end.

so all day yesterday since it happened she was walking around with a limp tail she couldn't lift it, (she Always walks around with her

tail up like a flag) and she was also Not sitting just kind of squatting. I was begining to think she broke it and I was going to bring

her into the vet today but she is almost completely better.

Has anyone else had this happen to their cats?

2. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    I would imagine it is likely she's got a soft-tissue injury like a sprain or a bad bruise in the area. Poor kitty, but glad she's getting better [​IMG]

3. MetalSmitten

MetalSmitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    bloomington, indiana
    yeah, it's possible. poor thing, and an embarrassing injury on top of that. [​IMG] just keep an eye on her like you're doing. hopefully she'll be fine [​IMG]

4. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Well tonight she is Completely better! [​IMG] I am so relieved!! I've had cats for over..Well lets just say a long time [​IMG] [​IMG]

And in all those years I have never had a cat with that kind of injury. poor baby! Yesterday she was walking around all

day looking like she was feeling very sorry for herself [​IMG] Right now she is Sleeping on the computer table by me. [​IMG]

Edited to fix typing error [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I am glad to hear she is feeling better, but the answer to your question is yes they can, and it can be very painful for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by