Can chickens be caged with Peafowl?

Knock Kneed Hen

California Dream'in Chickens
9 Years
Feb 15, 2010
So. Cal.
I've been thinking about asking a neighbor who used to have chickens if she wants a few of mine because it's taking so long to get the run built. She has a pair of Peafowl already. She may have three because they had a chick last year and I'm not sure she's found home for it yet. The neighbor has a nice coop about 6 x 8 and a pen that is about 8 x 8. Seems to me that it might be too small to add three chickens, assuming you can keep them all together.

What do you think?

Well your neighbor can still get some of your chickens, but give them (the neighbor) time to build a coop for them first as anyone will tell you its just not smart to add in chickens with established peafowl.

Do you have to keep peafowl penned once they know where they live? If they are from peachicks will they still become agressive to the chicken's?

Trouble is with harm to the peafowl from disease that chicken carry.(blackhead) chicken can be carriers without harm to them.Keeping them wormed would help.

"blackhead" has to be present in the soil for the birds to get it. If you do a search on blackhead there are more cases on BYC each year than are reported to the USDA for the entire USA. I do agree that it can be passed from chickens but it's not given as people say.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom