Can chickens eat roasted chickpeas that have some flavoring on them?

Chicken Charlotte

Out of the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
QLD
Hello,

I was wondering if chickens can eat roasted chickpeas that have some flavoring on them? Because my cousin makes them and at the end of the day they have heaps that they clean up and a guy takes them home to feed his emu's and chickens could I or is it bad for them?
Thanks

Chickens can and will eat anything that doesn't eat them first! I'm a firm believe that chickens know better than we do what that can eat. Had two stick their head into a bucket of laytex paint. No problems. Styrofoam insulation. No problem. Morning glories. No problems. Copperheads. No problems.

What are the flavored with? Most spices and such don't really bother chickens. Some one even did an experiment feeding garlic and onion in various amounts to chickens with no ill effects so they may not have the same problems digesting it as mammals. They can't taste spicy and people dose them with high levels of pepper to deworm or some say it causes them to lay better. High levels of salt is the main thing you want to worry about since birds don't process salt well and dehydrate easily.

Chickpeas are one of the beans/legumes that are fine raw. Many people eat them straight out of the pod and soaked uncooked chickpeas are fed to parrots.

Back
Top Bottom