Can chickens eat soy milk?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by angeldoxie1, Aug 5, 2010.

1. angeldoxie1

angeldoxie1 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2010
    Yes I know there is a food chart on here but I don't remember seeing anything about soy milk. I hope they can because I was drinking some outside and there was a little bit left so I tipped the cup over to one of the girls and she sipped it up. She kept sneezing though. Also will my roo get sick from eating canned dog food? I didn't intentionally give it to him, you see my mom let the dogs in the yard. So I let the chickens in the back, they followed me to the porch and a few minutes later I noticed the roo eating out of one of the dog's dishes. I quickly shooed him away with a stick and set all the bowls on the table. Please tell me I won't have a dead chicken!

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

I have no idea about the soy milk, but the dog food won't hurt your chickens at all.
    ETA: and in case I haven't already done so, WELCOME! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  3. rrgrassi

rrgrassi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Royse City
    Google "Soy Dangers". I would give mine soy anything. But, I do not eat soy either, unless its fermented. So no Tofu, Soy Milk, etc.

4. NevadaRon

NevadaRon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Dayton
    Quote:Wow! I never did like soy products, anyway. Except soy sauce. [​IMG] So I guess my instincts were correct [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by