Can Corid freeze?

MelissaRose

R.I.P. Lissie
Apr 15, 2018
Maine
Hello,
I have a bottle of corid that looks like this:
Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 9.26.09 AM.png

Anyway, I left it in the barn and it froze. Its not completely frozen, its kind of slush, that I can mix with the syringe. Does anyone know if its ok for it to freeze? or does it mess up the chemicals somehow?

Edit: I just noticed on the bottle it says "Store between 5-25 degrees c (41-77f)"
It doesn't say anything about if it freezes though.

Thanks,
MelissaRose

Hello,
Anyway, I left it in the barn and it froze. Its not completely frozen, its kind of slush, that I can mix with the syringe. Does anyone know if its ok for it to freeze? or does it mess up the chemicals somehow?
Edit: I just noticed on the bottle it says "Store between 5-25 degrees c (41-77f)"
It doesn't say anything about if it freezes though.

Thanks,
MelissaRose
I have no idea if freezing messes up the medication. Freezing is at 32F, so it was stored below 41F:)

If I needed it, I would probably use it if it was only the one time, bring it in and let it thaw at room temperature. Shake the bottle.

I have no idea if freezing messes up the medication. Freezing is at 32F, so it was stored below 41F:)

If I needed it, I would probably use it if it was only the one time, bring it in and let it thaw at room temperature. Shake the bottle.
Ok thank you I will do that.

I'd buy another bottle if I were you, it may be ineffective. There's a reason why there's temperature ranges stated on the bottle.
Dont feel bad. I ordered a bottle of Valbazen and it sat out on our front porch most of the day in the summer heat when it was delivered. When I opened the bottle, it had a funny smell and I discarded it. I had to order another. I wasnt happy about it neither.

Back
Top Bottom