Can Ducks Eat Purple Tansy

ANightPerson

Songster
7 Years
Oct 22, 2016
Massachusetts
I recently bought a pack of 10,000 Lacy Phacelia seeds (Blue/Purple Tansy), which I was planning on planting all over my yard to help bees, but I can't find any information on toxicity to ducks or goats. I will still plant them if they're toxic, just elsewhere, but if anyone has any information on ducks/goats ingesting Lacy Phacelia it would be very helpful!
FL3445_Phacelia2.jpg
Here's a picture of the flower

https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_PLANTMATERIALS/publications/mtpmctn12938.pdf
This said it was non toxic to livestock, but I didn't read the whole thing. I'm not good with flowers :confused:
Thank you! This was very helpful. It is non-toxic, however it does contain a fair amount of nitrates which can have harmful effects if too much is ingested by livestock. I recommend planting it wherever you can, as it is very good for bees! Bees are now endangered in the US.

Thank you! This was very helpful. It is non-toxic, however it does contain a fair amount of nitrates which can have harmful effects if too much is ingested by livestock. I recommend planting it wherever you can, as it is very good for bees! Bees are now endangered in the US.
I'll have to, I love bees! :)

I don't know much about flowers, but ducks tend to know what is toxic and not toxic(sometimes). I would just do what you feel is comfortable...if you want to bite the bullet and let your ducks eat them then go for it! If I were you I would wait till there is full on info about ducks eating it rather then just livestock.

Back
Top Bottom