Can ducks eat zucchini?

Perfect. I have it growing in the garden and between the humans, the 3 dogs, and the 17 ducks, I'm guessing the freezer will still get plenty of zucchini! Thankfully the zucchini will come AFTER the bug buffet (cicadas) and not during LOL. They need to eat the bugs.... then when the bugs are gone, help eat the zucchini :D

Perfect. I have it growing in the garden and between the humans, the 3 dogs, and the 17 ducks, I'm guessing the freezer will still get plenty of zucchini! Thankfully the zucchini will come AFTER the bug buffet (cicadas) and not during LOL. They need to eat the bugs.... then when the bugs are gone, help eat the zucchini :D
I like the elegance of your system! If only I could trust my ducks around my otherwise-thriving lettuce - it could use a thorough de-slugging....

I like the elegance of your system! If only I could trust my ducks around my otherwise-thriving lettuce - it could use a thorough de-slugging....
I try to keep my ducks out of the lettuce until it gets about 4-5 inches tall. I way over plant, expect the ducks to munch away, and thin as the lettuce grows. The ducks get the thinned plants. :)

I find that my ducks really only destroy the first couple lettuce heads per row. The rest of the heads they'll just take a few bites of. As long as I plant enough there is plenty for them to sample and be on slug patrol. Unless I let them in too early, then they trample the seedlings or pull them up and swallow them whole!!

I try to keep my ducks out of the lettuce until it gets about 4-5 inches tall. I way over plant, expect the ducks to munch away, and thin as the lettuce grows. The ducks get the thinned plants. :)

I find that my ducks really only destroy the first couple lettuce heads per row. The rest of the heads they'll just take a few bites of. As long as I plant enough there is plenty for them to sample and be on slug patrol. Unless I let them in too early, then they trample the seedlings or pull them up and swallow them whole!!
Over planting sounds like the right way to go, for sure! I started mine indoors for the first time this year and the rows are so nice and tidy-looking that I’m hesitant to turn ‘em loose, even though we have a bit more than we will likely eat. Maybe I try out just ten minutes or so of supervised pillaging...

Back
Top Bottom